Mowery & Schoenfeld, LLC is adding a Client Accounting Services (CAS) Senior Associate to our growing CAS / CFO Advisory team. Our diverse client base offers a wide range of experiences and challenges. Continued professional growth and development are supported through exposure to clients of varying size and industries. This role will work directly with senior management and make a meaningful impact on the growth of our clients.
Our ideal candidate is a certified public accountant (CPA) or is CPA eligible, with at least 2 years of experience in public accounting. In addition, the role requires:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, advanced degree a plus
- CPA eligibility required; CPA desired
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, interpersonal, project management, time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional client service
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Client Accounting / CFO advisory projects, including accounting remediations, implementations of new procedures, U.S. GAAP conversions, etc.
- Month-end close process
- Preparation of financial statements
- Client trainings on new procedures and accounting principals
- Preparation of financial forecasts & KPI reports
- Bank statement reconciliation
- All functions related to
- Accounts Payable (bill entry, disbursements, manage vendor relationships, etc.)
- Accounts Receivable (invoice creation, cash receipts recording, etc.)
- Payroll accounting
- Retirement contributions processing
- Maintenance of sub-ledgers for all balance sheet accounts
- Accounting support or preparation of various business tax filings (1096, 1099, payroll tax, sales tax, etc.)
- Accounting support on annual audits and transaction projects
Mowery & Schoenfeld is a full-service accounting firm providing tax, accounting, assurance, transaction advisory, wealth management and business advisory services. We are a top 10 Illinois firm located in the greater Chicago area. We are as committed to our staff as we our clients. We take culture seriously – recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business as a Best Place to Work, Accounting Today as a Best Firm to Work For and Best Firms for Women, named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and honored by the Illinois CPA Society as the 2021 recipient of the Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life outside the office. More details on our benefits are available here.
If you believe that your experience and work expectations align with our commitment to our employees, we want to hear from you.
Mowery & Schoenfeld is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.