Mowery & Schoenfeld, LLC is adding a CFO Advisory / CAS Manager to our growing Client Accounting Services Advisory team. The CFO Advisory / CAS Manager will work closely with our diverse client base to implement best practices within the accounting function for a variety of small-to-medium sized businesses. The role involves serving as the CFO, controller, or accounting advisor for a multitude of businesses.
- Overall day-to-day management of the accounting and finance functions of multiple clients in a shared services environment playing the CFO/Controller role for your clients.
- Review clients’ monthly financial statements including month-over-month variance analysis and / or actual-to-budget analysis.
- Analyze and interpret financial information for client management and provide actionable insight and decision support.
- Continuously identify opportunities to enhance the clients’ operations and make suggestions for procedural improvements.
- Understand our technology stack and identify additional add-on processes, systems, modules, and integrations that can drive month-end close efficiencies.
- Define and document repeatable methodologies with appropriate tools and templates that can be leveraged for future projects.
- Direct initial assessments, implementations, and onboarding of new clients.
- Be accountable for putting processes in place to ensure exceptional client service.
- Perform business development activities including generating leads in the marketplace, expanding opportunities for existing clients, and preparing presentations and proposals for prospects.
- Leverage technology to automate internal and client processes to improve efficiency.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 6 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience supported by an active CPA certification.
- Previous work as a CFO or controller and/or significant public accounting experience.
- 5+ plus years of audit and/or transaction advisory experience within various industries is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts and unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines, and scope of work.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong management accounting and operational finance knowledge.
- Experience in the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function (financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting, financial analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of accounting/ERP software. Experience with automated accounting systems.
- Proven leadership, management, and coaching skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with sensitivity to timeframes, budgets, and outcomes across multiple clients/projects.
- Ability to travel to client sites within the local Chicagoland area.
Mowery & Schoenfeld is a full-service accounting firm providing tax, accounting, assurance, transaction advisory, wealth management and business advisory services. We are a top 10 Illinois firm located in the greater Chicago area. We are as committed to our staff as we our clients. We take culture seriously – recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business as a Best Place to Work, Accounting Today as a Best Firm to Work For and Best Firms for Women, named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and honored by the Illinois CPA Society as the 2021 recipient of the Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life outside the office. More details on our benefits are available here.
If you believe that your experience and work expectations align with our commitment to our employees, we want to hear from you.
Mowery & Schoenfeld is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.