Xamin Technical Consultant
Who are Xamin and Mowery & Schoenfeld?
Founded in 1999, Xamin provides managed IT services to highly-regulated and reputation-sensitive companies. We provide the tools and expertise needed to streamline compliance procedures and drive down bottom-line costs. Xamin has customer retention of 98% due to our “white glove” approach to service, uptime over 99.9% and industry-leading SOC2 certification.
Xamin began a partnership with Mowery & Schoenfeld in 2020 – operating as an independent subsidiary of Mowery & Schoenfeld. White the day-to-day work of Xamin remains separate from Mowery & Schoenfeld; the organization does work together strategically and is supported by combined admin and marketing teams. Mowery & Schoenfeld, LLC was founded in 1996 by members of large firms looking for a new, more personal way to do accounting. With a focus on building a community of the highest-quality accountants, partnering each day with our diverse network of clients, we prove this vision can be a reality. Made up of 13 partners and over 120 total employees, our Firm ranks among the top 10 in Illinois. Mowery & Schoenfeld has been ranked as a top place to work for 10 consecutive years by Accounting Today and a Best Place to Work by Crain’s Chicago Business.
What will the Technical Consultant Do?
The Technical Consultant is an integral member of the Professional Services team and is involved in all aspects of the Consulting function at Xamin. This position provides analytical support to the team and is responsible for conducting technical and information gathering components of a variety of IT consulting engagements. The position requires frequent client interaction via virtual or face-to-face meetings, including onsite travel when necessary. The Consultant will work directly with the client and internal team members to collect and analyze data, develop reports and assist team members in the development of solutions aimed at solving problems or improving the client’s business. Duties of this position include assisting the Consulting, Business Development and Client Experience teams to support efforts of new and existing opportunities.
Essential duties and responsibiities:
- Maintain a broad landscape of technical knowledge including network administration, virtualization, shared storage, hardware, software and cloud technologies.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Xamin solutions catalog and how to incorporate them into strategic solutions for clients.
- Must be comfortable in client-facing situations. The Consultant Analyst role will many times be involved in activities as an early ‘Face of Xamin’ for prospects or new clients.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. The Consultant Analyst generate report and presentation materials and will often accompany other team members in client meetings to present reports and strategic recommendations. The Analyst will provide technical and analytic support to the meeting presenter and must be an effective communicator that can speak to a variety of audiences whether Technical, Management or C-Level.
- Develop an understanding of how to integrate the needs of the client’s business into technology discussions.
- Develop and maintain strong analytical skills including the ability to collect and analyze technical information, generate reports, develop deliverables and work with the internal team to complete technical analysis and strategic review deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with Business Development and Client Experience teams to support efforts related to existing clients and new opportunities.
- Work closely with Solutions Architect and Sales Engineering team members to understand solutions and stay in sync with current service offerings.
- Complete tasks on time to ensure client engagement and meeting deadlines are met.
- Complete training and certification goals at least annually.
- Maintain familiarity with cloud platforms as they relate to the Xamin product catalog and client technology needs.
- Stay in-sync with emerging technologies in the industry, our vertical markets and specifically our strategic and technical partners.
Formal education and certification:
Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Computer Science or Information Technology discipline.
Certification(s) from the following list of recognized industry standards is preferred:
- Microsoft Engineer level certification(s)
- Cisco CC-ENT, CCNP or CCNA
- VMware VCP
- A+, Network+
- Other industry certifications are a plus
Skills and qualifications:
1-3 years of experience in an Information Technology related field.
Familiarity with compliance standards such as FFIEC, PCI, CMMC and NIST is preferred.
Business acumen, including the ability to understand how technology interacts with the unique needs of each client.
Understanding of critical technologies including:
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Server OS
- Workstation OS
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Exchange, SQL, IIS, Terminal Server
Enterprise Storage platforms
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Storage Area Network (SAN)
- VMware vSAN
Enterprise Backup platforms
- VMware vSphere & vCenter
- Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, Netscaler
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft 365
- Cloud based Services and Applications (i.e. G-Suite, AWS, QuickBooks Online)
- TCP/IP, VPN, vLAN, iSCSI
- Layer 2 & Layer 3 Switching
- Border devices
- Endpoint Protection
- DNS filtering
- Web Filtering
- Security Incident & Event Monitoring (SIEM)
- Vulnerability Management System (VMS)
Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
Datacenter (Shared and Co-Location)
Skills in Business Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
Effective problem-solving skills.
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Strong organizational skills including attention to detail.
Ability to work effectively both independently and part of a team.
Ability to work in a rapidly changing landscape and to quickly learn new technologies.
- Primary business hours (7-6 M-F) although some weekend or evening work may be required by project schedules.
- Work hours may vary based on the demands of the client and the company.
- Employee may work from home when not onsite at clients.
- This position may also require a rotation into the office on certain days.
- Work schedules are determined on a case-by-case basis between the employee and departmental manager.
- Travel expectations are moderate but may be heavier during peak times. Locations will vary from local, regional, or national based on client demand.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and peripherals.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to utilize air travel without any security restrictions.
- Must be able to rent a vehicle without any restrictions.
- Ability to pass criminal and financial background check and a drug screening.
Our mission is to help our clients and our team achieve success. For our team, we support a firm that encourages personal growth and professional development in a comfortable and rewarding environment. This includes:
- Home/remote office position.
- Primarily daytime hours with possible evening or weekend hours depending on assigned tasks.
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, pet, disability insurance, company-paid wellness checks, 401(k) contributions, and more.
Mowery & Schoenfeld and Xamin are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Seeking only qualified and direct candidates at this time. LOCAL CANDIDATES STRONGLY PREFERRED.