Xamin Support Specialist (Tier 1)
Who are Xamin and Mowery & Schoenfeld?
Founded in 1999, Xamin provides managed IT services to highly-regulated and reputation-sensitive companies. We provide the tools and expertise needed to streamline compliance procedures and drive down bottom-line costs. Xamin has customer retention of 98% due to our “white glove” approach to service, uptime over 99.9% and industry-leading SOC2 certification.
Xamin began a partnership with Mowery & Schoenfeld in 2020 – operating as an independent subsidiary of Mowery & Schoenfeld. White the day-to-day work of Xamin remains separate from Mowery & Schoenfeld; the organization does work together strategically and is supported by combined admin and marketing teams. Mowery & Schoenfeld, LLC was founded in 1996 by members of large firms looking for a new, more personal way to do accounting. With a focus on building a community of the highest-quality accountants, partnering each day with our diverse network of clients, we prove this vision can be a reality. Made up of 11 partners and over 110 total employees, our Firm ranks among the top 10 in Illinois. Mowery & Schoenfeld has been ranked as a top place to work for 10 consecutive years by Accounting Today and a Best Place to Work by Crain’s Chicago Business.
What will the Support Specialist Do?
As a Support Specialist, you will be responsible for the first line of response for various forms of technical support, maintenance and troubleshooting of client environments and end user workstations. The Support Specialist's primary role is to provide technical support via onsite, telephone, or remote access tools to ensure end users can accomplish organizational tasks. The Support Specialist is a critical member of the Technical Operations team, potential candidates should have an understanding of computer hardware, software, networking and general application use.
- Respond to IT support tickets and requests.
- Deploy and support end user workstations running Windows or Mac OS.
- Document all pertinent end user information, nature of problem or issue and resolution notes.
- Maintain client data protection by utilizing approved support solutions and documentation.
- Prioritize and schedule tickets according to ticket priorities.
- Escalate tickets or client issues as required per support escalation process.
- Record, track and document the help desk request problem-solving process.
- Apply approved diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access vendor documentation, knowledge bases and frequently asked question resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Understand and provide technical support for support hardware and software listed in the company support catalog.
- Maintain communication with end users for open and active support requests.
Requirements and Preferred Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in troubleshooting and supporting desktop operating systems including Windows, MacOS, iOS.
- Strong diagnosis skills, working knowledge of diagnostic utilities for desktop support issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Understanding of support tools, standard operating procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware & software.
- Application support experience.
- Awareness of organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel to client locations for on-site support as needed
Education & Certification:
- High School diploma minimum, Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Technical certifications in Desktop and/or Server support are preferred.
- Home/remote office position.
- Daytime and/or evening hours (depending on assigned shift).
- Weekend hours for emergency coverage based on an on-call rotation.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and peripherals.
- Travel up to 50% may be required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working transportation and insurance.
- Must be able to utilize air travel without any security restrictions.
- Must be able to rent a vehicle without any restrictions.
- Ability to pass a criminal and financial background check and a drug screening.
Our mission is to help our clients and our team achieve success. For our team, we support a firm that encourages personal growth and professional development in a comfortable and rewarding environment. This includes:
- Home/remote office position.
- Primarily daytime hours with possible evening or weekend hours depending on assigned tasks.
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, pet, disability insurance, company-paid wellness checks, 401(k) contributions, and more.
Mowery & Schoenfeld and Xamin are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Seeking direct qualified applicants only. LOCAL CANDIDATES STRONGLY PREFERRED.