Senior Audit Associate
In this unprecedented and uncertain time, you have come to the realization that you desire more flexibility in your career, while your talent and knowledge can continue to make a positive impact. You have worked hard for your professional achievements and deserve a supportive workplace which further develops your career growth and encourages work-life balance. In the age of mandatory work-from-home orders, our supportive and award-winning work culture has seamlessly transitioned virtual video meetings into the new way to visit with your favorite colleagues, in addition to conducting business as usual. Our mission is to support our clients first, but we do this by supporting each other.
We take culture seriously – recognized for nine consecutive years by Crain’s Chicago Business and Accounting Today as a “Best Place to Work.” We offer unlimited paid time off because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life.
Does this sound like a place to build your career? We are growing quickly and invite talented CPAs with auditing experience, such as yourself, to come onboard as a new Audit Senior Associate.
Audit Senior Associates
Audit Senior associates work closely with assurance managers and partners on client assignments.
They communicate with clients and other departments to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Hold a CPA license, or are CPA-eligible
- Have at least 2 years of assurance experience within a public accounting firm
- Provide solutions and ideas
- Value professional development
- Exhibit excellent project and team leadership, and communication skills
- Share our focus on growth and problem solving
Mowery & Schoenfeld:
- Supports all employees with clear career paths and leadership access
- Provides competitive salary, potential signing bonus and merit pay
- Reimburses all CPE, certifications, professional dues and continuing education
- Offers comprehensive and competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, pet, disability insurance, company-paid wellness checks, 401(k) contributions, and more
- Supports flexibility with paid maternity leave, work from home policy, and a WeWork office space in downtown Chicago
- Provides an open workspace filled with natural light, stand-up desks, well-stocked kitchen and coffee area and more
- Encourages community engagement through our M&S Cares volunteer program during regular office hours
- Builds community through frequent team-building events and outings
Mowery & Schoenfeld, LLC was founded in 1996 by members of large firms looking for a new, more personal way to do accounting. With a focus on building a community of the highest-quality accountants, partnering each day with our diverse network of clients, we prove this vision can be a reality. We are a full-service accounting firm providing tax, accounting, assurance, transaction advisory, wealth management and business advisory services. Made up of 10 partners and over 90 total employees, our Firm ranks among the top 10 in Illinois.
We focus on the development of our client’s businesses, rather than on the historical measurement and compliance work often done by CPA firms. Our approach creates value for our clients and satisfaction for our team members.