M&A Senior Associate
Mergers & Acquisitions Senior Associate
Our M&A Team is growing, and we need you to grow with us!
We provide deal services for investors, individuals, and business owners, taking an all-encompassing approach to this market that allows us not only to service a transaction, but continue to provide post-deal services to develop a long-term relationship with our clients. An ideal candidate to join the M&A Team is one who believes in our service model and is looking to grow professionally in this competitive and rewarding career path. As a member of our team, we can offer you a diverse work experience with ample support and opportunity for shared growth.
In this position, you will participate in every stage of the deal for our clients, including scoping, risk assessment, and drafting or reviewing final engagement reports. You will have the opportunity to be staffed on a variety of engagement types, including financial and accounting due diligence, Quality of Earnings engagements, M&A consulting, and business consulting.
You will also assist in internal and external communication and be a motivated individual focused on helping the team achieve its goals. The desired candidate is analytical, timely, and an effective communicator.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with core financial and accounting due-diligence and quality of earnings engagements
- Identify and apply risk assessment and analysis
- Understand the structure of a deal process
- Comprehend a business structure, specifically weaknesses and strengths
- Recognize the potential transaction/deal in the context of the client's strategy
- Analyze detailed financial information (GAAP based financials, projections, EBITDA analysis)
- Communicate and discuss findings to team members and clients
- Produce and review deal-oriented reporting and deliverables
- Attend networking and sponsored events to participate in client relationships and further business development
- Execute negotiation and consulting support
- Bachelors and/or Masters in related field of study: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, etc.
- CPA certification or CPA bound
- Industry experience (2-5 years), preferably with a larger consulting or accounting firm and specific due-diligence experience
- Project management skills: Direct staff and associates while communicating progress to superiors
- Timely and budgeted work ethic
- Accounting knowledge including GAAP, financial reporting, professional relations, entity and individual taxation, and deal structure
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, charts, modeling, etc.), PowerPoint, and QuickBooks (reporting and data analysis) knowledge
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Minimal travel
- Opportunity for remote workplace
- Technologically forward firm: paperless and current
- Continued growth and development support through feedback and review process
- Team-based atmosphere and collaborative firm environment
- Work life balance - happy employees make for happy clients
- The opportunity to help build and improve M&A practice, processes, and deliverables