Are you an organized and proven HR leader with 10+ years of experience? We have just the spot for you on our team!
We are seeking a qualified and experienced HR Leader!
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all aspects of our business that involve people, clients, performance, and the underlying strategies, processes, and technology. Success will require that the Human Resources Leader partners effectively with our leaders, Recruiting Manager, associates, and service partners, helping us attain our objectives.
"Best Fit" Attributes
We view the following "day-one" leadership attributes as key success factors for this position:
- Business-minded focus;
- HR operations and technology focus;
- Culture champion;
- Employee relations specialist;
- Workforce advocate; and
- Learning and development focus.
This position is responsible for the management of core human resources services for approximately 90 partners and associates at Lincolnshire and other offices. The Human Resources Leader will develop, maintain and implement all HR policies and programs in support of four critical HR deliverables: (1) compensation, benefits, and compliance and risk management; (2) technology-enabled connectivity across the Firm to positively impact our brand, image, and values; (3) performance, culture, and engagement; and, (4) leadership and staff development and retention.
Representative responsibilities include:
- Engaging with our partners. Administer and implement all tactical day-to-day HR activities;
- Engaging with our workforce. Strengthening ties of trust and aligning with M&S’ values and goals;
- Partnering with our Recruiting Manager to support our talent strategies and initiatives;
- Coordinating HR activities, ensuring high-quality employee experience and HR administration;
- Managing the Firm’s immigration requirements for employees with outside counsel;
- Managing new employee onboarding and orientation, offboarding, etc.;
- Reviewing and administering the Firm’s compensation and benefit programs;
- Implementing all HR policies, ensuring compliance with all governmental laws and regulations;
- Staying current/relevant on topics and trends that are redefining HR success, including talent and rewards;
- Implementing M&S approved HRIS and other technology solutions;
- Building HR functionality via internal and outsourced solutions; and,
- Supporting our growth through HR due diligence and the integration of acquired business and talent.
- Minimum of ten years relevant experience in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with business leaders and staff and being their “go-to” person on HR matters.
- Track record of delivering great results by optimizing internal resources and external service providers.
- Positive outlook and a “can do” attitude with a strong client focus.
- Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
Qualities, Skills, and Attributes
- Professionalism, maturity, and the emotional intelligence to be an effective role model across the Firm.
- Exceptionally skilled and proficient in driving results and transformation with limited resources.
- A deep commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Ability to plan and coordinate many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to contribute to decision-making and implement and grow a “best fit” HRIS strategy.
- Ability to serve as a strong team leader, manager, coach, and relationship builder, as well as change agent.
- Keen understanding of the critical inputs that drive results, quality, and client experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and technological skills.
- Ability to project personal and professional leadership qualities at all times.
- Ability to engage gracefully and respectfully with all levels and types of people.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, deliver results, and maintain effectiveness/composure under pressure.
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to negotiate through conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization (both inside and outside the organization).
Undergraduate degree required. PHR, SPHR, HRCI, CCP, CEBS, CECP or similar designations, advanced degrees, or equivalent professional experience preferred.
M&S is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age