Mowery & Schoenfeld is seeking a knowledgeable, ambitious and curious TAS/advisory professional with a passion for mergers and acquisitions, ongoing learning, leadership, and exemplary client service. Do you consider yourself to have an entrepreneurial mindset? Do you strive to understand the drivers of financial trends and use that knowledge to drive impactful business decisions?
The TAS Manager will be responsible for overseeing and conducting financial due diligence on buy-side and sell-side transactions. A successful candidate will communicate effectively with clients, target company management, investment bankers, and other client advisors on a transaction. They will also use their TAS experience and skills to collaborate with, and help lead and mentor, more junior TAS team members.
We are seeking an individual who is curious, entrepreneurial, and a team player with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant discipline
- 3+ year(s) of relevant work experience, preferably in a transaction advisory role within a public accounting/advisory firm, or a combination of audit and due diligence experience
- CPA or CFA designation
- Experience with the M&A process and research of technical accounting issues
- Coordinate with other firm service lines involved in the engagement including tax and client accounting services
- Organize and convert data into meaningful information used to drive discussions with sellers or target management
- Manage, train, and provide engagement feedback to staff
- Team leadership and mentorship experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Participates in quality control
- Responsible for building and deepening relationships with clients in support of revenue growth
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to work remotely and independently (Some remote work within the current public health environment; option to be in-person or remote when office reopens at full capacity)
Mowery & Schoenfeld is a full-service accounting firm providing tax, accounting, assurance, transaction advisory, wealth management and business advisory services. We are a top 10 Illinois firm located in the greater Chicago area. We are as committed to our staff as we our clients. We take culture seriously – recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business as a Best Place to Work, Accounting Today as a Best Firm to Work For and Best Firms for Women, named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and honored by the Illinois CPA Society as the 2021 recipient of the Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life outside the office. More details on our benefits are available here.
If you believe that your experience and work expectations align with our commitment to our employees, we want to hear from you.
Mowery & Schoenfeld is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.