Mowery & Schoenfeld is seeking an ambitious and curious audit/advisory professional with a curiosity for mergers and acquisitions, ongoing learning, and exemplary client service. Do you consider yourself to have an entrepreneurial mindset? Do you strive to understand the drivers of financial trends and use that knowledge to drive impactful business decisions?
The TAS Associate will be responsible for conducting financial due diligence on buy-side and sell-side transactions. A successful candidate will communicate effectively with clients, target company management, investment bankers, and other client advisors on a transaction.
We are seeking an individual who is always expanding their knowledge, entrepreneurial, and a team player with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant discipline
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in accounting or finance, preferably experience in audit or advisory with a public accounting firm
- CPA, CFA, or CMA designation is a plus
- A basic understanding of the M&A process with a desire to learn more
- Strong written communication ability
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Ability to work remotely and independently (Some remote work within the current public health environment; in-person when office reopens at full capacity)
Mowery & Schoenfeld is a full-service accounting firm providing tax, accounting, assurance, transaction advisory, wealth management and business advisory services. We are a top 10 Illinois firm located in the greater Chicago area. We are as committed to our staff as we our clients. We take culture seriously – recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business as a Best Place to Work, Accounting Today as a Best Firm to Work For and Best Firms for Women, named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and honored by the Illinois CPA Society as the 2021 recipient of the Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life outside the office. More details on our benefits are available here.
If you believe that your experience and work expectations align with our commitment to our employees, we want to hear from you.
Mowery & Schoenfeld is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.