Xamin is in search of their new Technical Consultant, an integral member of the Professional Services team. The role combines technical expertise and superior client service. The Technical Consultant will work with the Consulting, Business Development and Client Experience teams to support efforts of new and existing opportunities. The individual will work closely with the leadership team in a more casual environment with exceptional benefits.
We are seeking an individual with the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in an Information Technology related field
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as FFIEC, PCI, CMMC and NIST is preferred
- Understanding of critical technologies including:
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Exchange, SQL, IIS, Terminal Server
- Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- VMware Virtual Software Products
- Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, Netscaler
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Cisco technology (firewalls, routers, switches) and networking concepts
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand how technology interacts with overall client strategy
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and part of a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Essential duties of the Technical Consultant:
- Provides analytical support to the Professional Services team
- Frequent, on-site client interaction via virtual or face-to-face meetings, this will include approx. 25% travel.
- Collect and analyze data during client engagements
- Develop reports and assist team members to identify appropriate solutions
As part of the role, the Technical Consultant must:
- Be comfortable in client-facing situations, often acting as an early ‘Face of Xamin’ for prospects or new clients.
- Generate report and presentation materials and will often accompany other team members in client meetings to present reports and strategic recommendations
- Complete tasks on time to ensure client engagement and meeting deadlines are met.
- Complete training and certification goals at least annually.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies in the industry, our vertical markets and specifically our strategic and technical partners.
Work conditions and requirements:
- Strongly prefer residency in the Chicagoland area
- Primary business hours with some weekend or evening work, as required by project
- Work from home when not onsite at client, with occasional rotation into the office or meetings
- Travel expectations are moderate but may be heavier during peak times. Locations will vary from local, regional, or national based on client demand.
- Must be able to utilize air travel without restriction.
- Must be able to rent a vehicle without restrictions
- Ability to pass criminal and financial background check and a drug screening
At Xamin we Work Hard, Enjoy Life and Achieve Dreams!
Xamin is a leading provider of technology solutions for highly regulated or reputation sensitive organizations. Xamin builds strategies by understanding the long-term vision of an organization and delivers customized technology solutions to solve complex problems. We strive for quick resolutions and reduced downtime, thus enabling more productive users. As a SOC certified company, we understand the stringent requirements of regulatory guidelines and compliance.
Xamin is a subsidiary of Mowery & Schoenfeld, a Lincolnshire based accounting and consulting firm. We are a top-ten Illinois firm. Committed to our people and culture – the firm has been recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business as a Best Place to Work, Accounting Today as a Best Firm to Work For and Best Firms for Women, named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and honored by the Illinois CPA Society as the 2021 recipient of the Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life outside the office.
If you believe that your experience and work expectations align with our commitment to our employees, we want to hear from you.
Xamin is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.