Xamin’s client is seeking a Tier-1 Support Specialist to support their internal IT help desk needs. This role will depend on building strong internal relationships and having a passion for client-service!
What will the Support Specialist Do?
As a Support Specialist, you will be responsible for the first line of response for various forms of technical support, maintenance and troubleshooting of client environments and end use workstations. The Support Specialist’s primary role is to provide technical support via onsite, telephone, or remote access tools to ensure end users can accomplish organizational tasks. Support Specialist candidates should have an understanding of computer hardware, software, networking and general application use.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Respond to IT support tickets and requests.
- Deploy and support end user workstations running Windows.
- Document all pertinent end user information, nature of problem or issue and resolution notes.
- Maintain client data protection by utilizing approved support solutions and documentation.
- Prioritize and schedule tickets according to ticket priorities.
- Escalate tickets or clients issues as required per support escalation process.
- Record, track and document the help desk request problem-solving process.
- Apply approved diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access vendor documentation, knowledge bases and frequently asked question resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Understand and provide technical support for support hardware and software listed in the company support catalog.
- Maintain communication with end users for open and active support requests.
Your qualifications include:
Education and Experience
- High School diploma minimum, Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Technical certifications in Desktop and/or Server support are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in troubleshooting and supporting desktop operating systems including Windows and Mac iOS.
- Strong diagnosis skills, working knowledge of diagnostic utilities for desktop support issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Understanding of support tools, standard operating procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware & software.
- Application support experience.
- Awareness of organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel to client locations for on-site support as needed.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and peripherals.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working transportation and insurance.
- Must be able to utilize air travel without any security restrictions.
- Must be able to rent a vehicle without any restrictions.
- Ability to pass a criminal and financial background check and a drug screening.
- Office setting
- Daytime hours
- Weekend hours for emergency coverage as needed
Seeking only qualified and direct candidates at this time.
In addition to submitting your resume, please complete your Culture Index at:
Select "Support Specialist"
*Any resumes submitted for this role without a completed Culture Index profile will not be considered.