A Sales Engineer is involved in many critical areas of the company, playing both internal and client facing roles. Services delivered to clients create and maintain value as a trusted partner and advisor by providing input as a technology, security and cloud services subject matter expert (SME). Internally, the position supports both the Inside and Outside Sales teams as a technical SME and as a provider of design and scope-of-work tasks for Project and Product proposals. The Sales Engineer will conduct research individually and collectively to ensure client requests meet current hardware and software specifications then provide insight into the technical options available to meet their business needs. The position may also extend to conducting technical analysis on potential or existing clients.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide technology recommendations and business strategies to clients.
• Properly identify business challenges and align services and products as solutions.
• Develop IT strategies to ensure the organization meets existing and future requirements based on business goals and regulatory compliance.
• Process quote requests from inside and outside sales teams.
• Participation in proposal content, product research, and sales meetings with existing and prospective clients as needed.
• Familiarize and stay current on Xamin’s product catalog and technical specification documents which provide the foundation for all designs and proposals.
• Work collaboratively with Sales, Technical Operations, and Procurement teams.
• Flexibility to travel onsite to client locations for strategic design and presentation meetings.
• Distinguishing Xamin’s technical and strategic advantage over other managed services providers.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Primary home/remote office environment.
• Moderate travel expectations, locations vary from local, regional or national.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to utilize air travel without any security restrictions.
• Must be able to rent a vehicle without any restrictions.
• Ability to pass a criminal and financial background check.
• Ability to pass a drug screening
At Xamin we Work Hard, Enjoy Life and Achieve Dreams!
Xamin is a leading provider of technology solutions for highly regulated or reputation sensitive organizations. Xamin builds strategies by understanding the long-term vision of an organization and delivers customized technology solutions to solve complex problems. We strive for quick resolutions and reduced downtime, thus enabling more productive users. As a SOC certified company, we understand the stringent requirements of regulatory guidelines and compliance.
Xamin is a subsidiary of Mowery & Schoenfeld, a Lincolnshire based accounting and consulting firm. We are a top-ten Illinois firm. Committed to our people and culture – the firm has been recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business as a Best Place to Work, Accounting Today as a Best Firm to Work For and Best Firms for Women, named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and honored by the Illinois CPA Society as the 2021 recipient of the Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life outside the office.
If you believe that your experience and work expectations align with our commitment to our employees, we want to hear from you.
In addition to submitting your resume, please complete your Culture Index at:
Select "Support Specialist" (temporarily)
*Any resumes submitted for this role without a completed Culture Index profile will not be considered.
Xamin is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION:
• Bachelor's degree in a Business, Computer Science or Information Technology discipline.
• Technical support experience at a Managed Service Provider
• Certifications preferred: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, VCP, CISSP.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in an Information Technology related field.
• Comprehensive understanding of critical technologies including:
o Operating system platforms storage, virtualization and cloud platforms.
o Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
o VMware vSphere & vCenter
o Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, Netscaler
o Cisco Networking, TCP/IP, VPN, vLAN, iSCSI, Layer 2 & Layer 3 Switching
o Security, Firewalls, Border devices & IDS/IPS
o Enterprise Storage platforms
o Enterprise backup platforms
o Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
o Datacenter design
o Mobile Devices
o Cloud based services and applications (Office 365, G-Suite, AWS, Azure)
• Advanced skills in Business Applications:
o Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
o Quoting platforms
• Outstanding communication skills for Management, Executive and C-level audiences.
• Ability to work well under pressure and within a tight timeline.
• Organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and part of a team.
• Able to manage time efficiently and self-motivate in a work-from-home environment.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing and demanding setting.
• Ability to quickly learn and master new technology.