Who are Xamin and Mowery & Schoenfeld?
Founded in 1999, Xamin provides managed IT services to highly-regulated and reputation-sensitive companies. We provide the tools and expertise needed to streamline compliance procedures and drive down bottom-line costs.
Xamin has customer retention of 98% due to our “white glove” approach to service, uptime over 99.9% and industry-leading SOC2 certification.
Xamin began a partnership with Mowery & Schoenfeld in 2020 – operating as an independent subsidiary of Mowery & Schoenfeld. White the day-to-day work of Xamin remains separate from Mowery & Schoenfeld; the organization does work together strategically and is supported by combined admin and marketing teams. Mowery & Schoenfeld, LLC was founded in 1996 by members of large firms looking for a new, more personal way to do accounting. With a focus on building a community of the highest-quality accountants, partnering each day with our diverse network of clients, we prove this vision can be a reality. Made up of 11 partners and over 110 total employees, our Firm ranks among the top 10 in Illinois. Mowery & Schoenfeld has been ranked as a top place to work for 10 consecutive years by Accounting Today and a Best Place to Work by Crain’s Chicago Business.
What will the Procurement Specialist Do?
This role performs all administrative and clerical duties necessary to facilitate the purchasing process for the organization. The Procurement Specialist must possess strong organizational skills and maintain meticulous records. Purchasing tasks are both internal and client facing and include hardware, software and subscription-based products.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Complete all client hardware, software, licensing and maintenance renewal procurement.
- Understanding of vendor licensing requirements and models.
- Process all internal procurement requests.
- Generate product invoicing.
- Understanding of vendor subscription requirements and models.
- Management of product ETA tracking and receiving.
- Follow up on open quotes with client and internal resources.
- Process and track all RMA requests.
- Coordination with accounting department for client & vendor invoice questions.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of applicable procedures, workflows and reports.
- Management of hardware, software, licensing documentation.
- Ongoing technical certifications based on vendor requirements.
- Attendance and participation in required company meetings and/or events.
Your qualifications include:
Education and Experience
- An Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Experience with detailed record-keeping is a huge plus!
- Professional experience within an MSP or other technical service provider is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Accuracy in performing procurement responsibilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and part of a team.
- Able to manage time efficiently and self-motivate in a work-from-home environment.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and demanding setting.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and peripherals.
- Must be able to utilize air travel without any security restrictions.
- Must be able to rent a vehicle without any restrictions.
- Ability to pass a criminal and financial background check and a drug screening.
Our mission is to help our clients and our team achieve success. For our team, we support a firm that encourages personal growth and professional development in a comfortable and rewarding environment. This includes:
- Home/remote office position.
- Primarily daytime hours with possible evening or weekend hours depending on assigned tasks.
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, pet, disability insurance, company-paid wellness checks, 401(k) contributions, and more.
In addition to submitting your resume, please complete your Culture Index at:
Select "Procurement Specialist"
*Any resumes submitted for this role without a completed Culture Index profile will not be considered.
Mowery & Schoenfeld and Xamin are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Seeking only qualified and direct candidates at this time.