Mowery & Schoenfeld is seeking an early-career HR professional who is passionate about supporting their colleagues, thrives on variety in their day-to-day responsibilities, and is motivated by professional development and continuous career growth. This opportunity is ideal for the newer HR professional who wants to gain substantial experience in multiple areas of human resources, while supporting a friendly and hard-working team.
The Human Resources Coordinator will support multiple functions of the HR Team including Recruiting and Learning & Development. As a valuable member of the HR team, the HR Coordinator will also play a role in supporting Performance Management, Benefits Administration and HRIS System and Personnel Records maintenance.
We are seeking an individual who is curious, self-motivated, and a team player with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience supporting human resources functions. Experience in a professional services environment is preferred but not required.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now, Engagedly and Checkpoint Learning preferred but not required.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Participate in the on-boarding and off-boarding processes by coordinating of all pre-employment screenings, participating in new hire orientation as well as user set up and termination within designated software platforms.
- Assist in responding to general benefit inquiries.
- Manage L&D activities by, tracking professional education, and technical training learning credits for staff and assisting in the scheduling of in-person and virtual events.
- Proactively source candidates using LinkedIn and a variety of other social media outlets.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews, as needed.
- Assist with registering, scheduling, etc. for university career fairs.
- Manage spring job shadow program.
- Monitor stock of cafeteria and office supplies and help source and purchase new items.
- Maintains HR files and personnel files.
Mowery & Schoenfeld is a full-service accounting firm providing tax, accounting, assurance, transaction advisory, wealth management and business advisory services. We are a top 10 Illinois firm located in the greater Chicago area. We are as committed to our staff as we our clients. We take culture seriously – recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business as a Best Place to Work, Accounting Today as a Best Firm to Work For and Best Firms for Women, named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and honored by the Illinois CPA Society as the 2021 recipient of the Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life outside the office. More details on our benefits are available here.
If you believe that your experience and work expectations align with our commitment to our employees, we want to hear from you.
Mowery & Schoenfeld is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.