Mowery & Schoenfeld is seeking an ambitious and curious advisory/audit professional with an interest in financial consulting, ongoing learning, and exemplary client service. Do you consider yourself to have an entrepreneurial mindset? Do you strive to understand the drivers of financial trends and use that knowledge to make impactful business decisions?
In this role, you will support internal and external projects, working side-by-side with managers and firm leadership to serve clients to help them grow their organizations and act as a direct partner to the client, helping evaluate opportunities and working on a variety of accounting and advisory projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant discipline
- Two (2+) years of relevant work experience in accounting or finance, preferably experience in audit or advisory with a public accounting firm
- CPA eligibility required, current CPA desired
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, interpersonal, project management, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional client service and commitment to continuous learning
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with assurance, advisory, and M&A concepts
- Local regional and/or day travel as needed, and ability to work remotely and in-person, as local health directives allow
- Work cross-functionally with members of the Assurance, Transaction Advisory Services, and Client Advisory Services teams
- Act as a key member of our assurance and advisory engagement teams, utilizing expertise to organize and manage client engagements and projects
- Complete financial statement audit, review, and compilation projects, some onsite work to be expected
- Conduct financial due diligence on buy-side and sell-side transactions
- Participate in other financial consulting projects such as: cash flow analyses, budget forecast and preparation, and GAAP conversion projects
- Deliver completed engagement tasks and project components timely
Mowery & Schoenfeld is a full-service accounting firm providing tax, accounting, assurance, transaction advisory, wealth management and business advisory services. We are a top 10 Illinois firm located in the greater Chicago area. We are as committed to our staff as we our clients. We take culture seriously – recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business as a Best Place to Work, Accounting Today as a Best Firm to Work For and Best Firms for Women, named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and honored by the Illinois CPA Society as the 2021 recipient of the Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life outside the office. More details on our benefits are available here.
If you believe that your experience and work expectations align with our commitment to our employees, we want to hear from you.
Mowery & Schoenfeld is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.