Mowery & Schoenfeld is seeking an individual with exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills to join our team. The Communications Associate / Senior Associate will support our core objective to make Mowery & Schoenfeld a place of thought leadership. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, and enthusiastic about supporting the brand.
The Communications Associate / Senior Associate will be responsible for developing internal and external communication for our organization and ensuring clarity and a consistent voice. This individual will be part of small marketing team, report to the Marketing Director, and work cross-functionally with Firm peers and leadership supporting diverse needs. While the following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of the role, our team has an “all-hands, can-do” attitude – working together to support our team, our employees, our Firm, our clients, and our brand at all times.
If you have a passion for clear communication and a creative spirit, consider taking the next step in your career with an organization which boasts an award-winning culture and a bright future!
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a degree in communications, marketing, English, or other relevant degree
- At least 2-3 years of professional work experience preferred
- Proven experience in communications and presentation development
- Experience with a service firm is a plus, but not required
- Comfort with creative technology platforms; experience with HubSpot, Adobe Creative Suite, Monday.com, and/or WordPress a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional written, oral, proofreading, branding, and presentation skills
- Ability to take complex technical concepts and communicate them in a clear, concise way
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Critical design eye
- Ability to work within a team and cross-functionally with members at all levels
Thought Leadership, Digital, and Social
- Maintain and manage the ongoing content calendar for the Firm
- Complete basic design/layout to distribute our articles, announcements, and newsletters
- Schedule, post, and participate in overall social media planning and execution
- Review and make recommendations for the social profiles of Firm leaders
- Develop and write monthly internal newsletter
- Work with our subject-matter experts to write and/or review bi-weekly articles
- Write, schedule and post articles on social media platforms and website
- Manage distribution lists for press, internal communications, and client communications
- Prepare and distribute Firm announcements and press releases, following up with our press contacts
Presentations, Marketing and Business Development
- Prepare and edit presentations for seminars, sales opportunities, recruiting events, training, etc.
- Work with Firm leaders and team members to facilitate and review marketing materials
- Provide copy and editing support on all printed and designed materials such as sell sheets, annual reports, etc.
- Create, manage, and maintain all templates for recurring marketing activities
About Mowery & Schoenfeld
Mowery & Schoenfeld is a full-service accounting firm providing tax, accounting, assurance, transaction advisory, wealth management, and business advisory services. We are a top 10 Illinois firm located in the greater Chicago area. We are as committed to our staff as we our clients. We take culture seriously – recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business as a Best Place to Work, Accounting Today as a Best Firm to Work For and Best Firms for Women, named to Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and honored by the Illinois CPA Society as the 2021 recipient of the Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, because we understand our professionals can manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life outside the office. More details on our benefits are available here.
If you believe that your experience and work expectations align with our commitment to our employees, we want to hear from you.
Mowery & Schoenfeld is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.